Best Cheap Headphones
Buying best cheap headphones does not mean you will have to compromise the quality of the device you will be buying. You don’t need to shell out a lot of money to get great sound for your ears. Yes, it is possible to achieve great sound even when you are on a budget. But would you be able to compare it to the more expensive headphones? Most probably not. But do you think it will be good enough for most people, especially if you are just going to use it for listening to MP3s or watching movies on your phone or tablet? Absolutely.
Of course, high-end, pricey headphones will always have their own place in the sun. There’s a time and place for pricey headphones, and it’s usually for those people who have discerning musical tastes. For everyone else, for people who are always on the go, you would want great sound, but you don’t want to feel too terrible if your headphones get lost or broken. If you are more of the latter than the former, then the more affordable headphones are considered the better buys.
This review is not going to settle the debate over whether you should choose a high-end or an affordable pair of headphones. However, there are going to be times when you have to shop smart, and if you know what you are actually looking for in a pair of headphones, you will be surprised at the wide array of choices of the best cheap headphones that provide good audio at a good price.
When it comes to choosing an affordable pair of headphones, the wide selection can be tricky, and at times overwhelming. But it is a matter of personal preference. And even though you have gone through so many music blogs, forums, and various product reviews, the final decision will still be up to you. To make life easier for you, here is a list of headphones that can give you great sound, even if you are on a budget.
Five of the Best Cheap Headphones
- Great sound provided by a 30mm multi-layered film diaphragms
- High-energy neodymium magnets results to a powerful bass
- Lightweight housing makes it convenient for mobile people
- Comes with a pair of pressure-relieving, cushioned earcups that provide comfort even when used for an extended period of time
- Comes with collapsible swivel earcups to add convenience
- Has a Y-type design which gives its users a tangle-free convenience
This pair of stereo headphones has a lot of great features. It is comfortable to wear. Its supra-aural design comes with a noise-cancelling feature. This headphones provide serious sound quality – guaranteed by Sony – that is an unbeatable considering its price.
It offers amazing soundproofing considering it is such a cheap pair of headphones. These are what you will need if you need some background music while studying. These do a good job of isolating general background noise. If you are looking for the best cheap headphones that are comfortable to wear and provide good sound quality, these headphones are a great option.
Provides a powerful bass sound that is not overpowering. Movies that have a lot of sound effects, as well as electronica music will come across very well. The midrange and the treble it provides are pretty good, too. The overall sound range is balanced.
- Good at soundproofing. There are times when you need to block out background noises, such as the dorm life while studying or the city life while commuting. These cans do a wonderful job of cancelling out general noise. For ambient noise in dorm rooms or bus rides full of noisy passengers, these pair should provide you the privacy you need.
- Durability. This pair will last you for a couple of years if you are gentle with these headphones.
- Comfort. The headband is comfortable to wear, and they’re not too tight. The unit as a whole is lightweight so there are times when you forget you have them over your head.
This is not recommended for running because of the heavy cables it comes with.
- Lightweight and comfortable hi-fi stereo headphones
- Has a cable length of 3m and a weight of 165g
- Features a smooth silver design as well as hypoallergenic leatherette earpads
- Delivers a powerful bass sound that is not too overwhelming
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- Has great external noise attenuation
- Closed earcup design prevents the sound from bleeding into other microphones when doing recording
One of the best cheap headphones alternative to high-end but expensive headphones. You won’t have to break the bank for a pair of these. If you are a newbie venturing out into the world of powerful stereo sound clarity, this is a great first choice. This lightweight, over-ear supra-aural headphones offer great sound without costing a fortune on your pockets. These are very comfortable to wear and provide clear audio with a crisp, rich bass.
The HD 201 headphones have a circumaural design with a 1/4-inch adapter that can go to a 1/8-inch plug. The hinge of the frame incorporates a swivel design, with each earcup pivoting back and forth. Because of its super lightweight design, you can listen to this pair for an extended period of time.
The Sennheiser HD 201 headphones are very easy to wear. It is easy on the eyes, too, and the tough construction provides durability that will last you a long time. Noise leakage is kept at a minimum. The overall sound quality it provides is balanced as well. Aside from that, it also boasts of great attenuation of external noise.
It offers a rich, crisp bass response and faithful sound reproduction. It also gives off increased signals for rhythmic-driven music.
- A clean, overall sound
- Sturdy and can last you a long time
- Provides comfort which is perfect for extended listening sessions
- It doesn’t isolate noise that much. If you want a pair that will block the background noise altogether, then you might be better off with a different pair from the same line.
3. SADES SA-708
- Has a 40mm driver diameter
- Comes with an ergonomic design
- Has a wire length of 2.2m
- Has a weight of 300g
If you are an avid gamer, then aside from your gaming device, having accessories that are meant for gaming is very important. You have to have a mouse and a headphone that is specifically built for gaming. These accessories are necessary to completely enjoy and fully optimise the gaming experience.
If you are a gaming enthusiast who plays a lot of games on your PC or laptop, this is the best gaming headphones that gives you great sound at an affordable price. If you just need a decent pair of gaming headset that won’t burn a hole in your pocket, this is a fantastic choice.
The mic that it comes with can be swivelled up and down, and then it can be hidden in the recess of the left earcup when not in use. The mic tucks away perfectly. This means that there is no dangling mic that could get accidentally bent. The headset accommodates various head sizes. It also comes with a decent amount of padding. It is very comfortable to wear even if you have spent numerous hours wearing it, as gamers are prone to do. There is no ear fatigue or discomfort from wearing the headphones for so long.
The audio quality of Sades SA-708 is great, considering the price, thanks to a 40mm driver. The bass is rich and full-bodied, and the high pitch sounds come off crystal clear as well. While playing games, the sound effects are pretty good and balanced. As such, these headphones can help you perform well in the game you are playing.
Aside from games, it can also be used to play music, too. For music lovers, it performs good enough for all kinds and genres of music. The bass especially stands out as it comes out rich and clear.
- The 40mm Hi-Fi speakers provide the gamer with a life-like gaming environment as it produces a rich, layered sound.
- Its retractable and cushioned head provides support, even for prolonged use.
- The headphones could use a better cord management option. The wires are too long, so there are times it could get in the way of your gaming.
- The volume control should be more tactile and could be improved.
- Noise cancellation is not as good as the others included in this list.
4. Bluedio HT
- Powerful bass sound coming from a 57mm ultra-large dynamic drivers
- Strong battery that gives off 40 hours of music, 45 hours of talk time, as well as 1625 hours of standby time
- Acoustic echo cancellation and noise reduction
- Audio Sharing allows you to seamlessly connect two Bluetooth headphones simultaneously
- Supra-aural earcups that are made from leatherette to ensure long-lasting comfort
- Universal compatibility with nearly all smart devices such as iPhone, tablets, laptops, etc
- Built-in mic that allows you to seamlessly switch between making and taking calls, and listening to music
Unlike the 3 other headphones already featured, the Bluedio HT is currently the best wireless headphones within its price range. Its best feature is its Bluetooth functionality, which does away with cables and makes listening to music hassle-free and tangle-free. As a result, there is no need for a jack input. It can also effectively reduce ambient background noise.
Comfort is also taken care of. The headphones are fully adjustable and should be able fit most heads comfortably. All of the controls are placed on the left earcup. The pairing process between the listening device and the headphones is seamless and hassle-free – all you have to do is hold down the power button and wait for the blue light to turn on. Go to the Bluetooth menu of the portable device you are using and then pair it with the Bluetooth signal coming from your headphones.
The headphones come equipped with 57mm drivers, which produce a clear and transparent bass that guarantees that your songs will not be distorted by its strength. It also provides a great midrange and treble, so you get to detect and listen to the smallest details of a song.
The headphones can be customized to allow multiple users to connect two Bluetooth devices and at the same time connect with your portable music device seamlessly.
Durability can be improved on as it is made of plastic.
- Lightweight headphones that you can easily carry anywhere
- 30mm large diameter driver units
- Neodymium magnets and an XBS port for increased bass response that produces a rich and vibrant sound
- Cable length of 4.5 ft
- Wide headband and cushioned earphones for comfort
These headphones are a steal. It provides an overall good sound quality. Its comfort and sturdiness, with the exception of noise isolation, make these a force to reckon with. Inspite of being made up of plastic, these headphones have a strong built and are designed to fit almost any head. If you have a budget to think of, or if you are always on the go and you don’t want to worry about losing an expensive pair of headphones, these are definitely the ones to get.
It provides a decent sound and does not skimp on the bass.
You get to enjoy a crisp, clear audio while listening to your favourite MP3s. The 30mm drivers and ferrite magnets provide a robust, reinforced sound.
- Not recommended to use in a noisy environment, and noise comes through
- Somewhat generic overall aesthetics
With these 5 headphones, you can surely get value for your money, without having to sacrifice on quality. Ultimately, no amount of reviews can make the decision for you. The best thing to do is to experience these headphones first-hand before making a decision on what brand and model to purchase. Hopefully, this guide will make you one step closer into having an excellent pair and the best cheap headphones at the same time.