V-MODA XS HEADPHONES REVIEW
V-MODA has become one of the leading headphone companies within a relatively short period of time. If you are looking for high-quality noise-cancelling headphones, it is certainly worth checking out the V-MODA XS, which according to many industry experts is quickly becoming the standard of quality, of top-notch headphones. These on-ear foldable 3D headphones are practical and stylish. Belonging in the M-Class series, these headphones have won awards and have been recommended to producers, DJs, editors, and audiophiles worldwide.
Of course, the primary purpose of headphones is to produce sounds. These headphones have 40-milimeter drivers that can produce 5 to 30,000 Hz of sound. The bass is great and does not overpower the sound signature. It also has an excellent treble response as well as a mid range that shines through even when you switch from music to videos. Overall, it gives a solid sound performance.
- Vocals and acoustics are clear and crisp – there is a distinct instrument separation, making the details of the music clear and precise. It would make you hear new things that you have not heard before from favorites.
- Bass is uninhibited and present.
- Staging is improved and realistic – it would seem like you are right in the middle of a concert.
- Sound is well balanced and neutral.
- Better bass and treble balance – it can handle any type of genre.
- Noise isolation – passive (reduces noise at a certain degree from the ear pads) especially when the volume is turned up.
- Sound Leak – sound starts leaking when the volume is turned up to high levels.
Design and Built
These headphones are designed and built to last a long time. The huge metal exterior ensures that they do not wear and tear easily. They can even withstand low and high temperatures, salt spray, exposure to ultraviolet rays, and humidity. The steel frame and exoskeleton case are clear indications that these headphones are virtually indestructible. Even the cables and plug are bendable over a million times.
You can mix different sources all at once, thanks to the included V-CORK that protects and seals unused input. There is also the SpeakEasy Mic Cable, which is especially set for calls in noisy environments and voice recognition. You can count on the button control to work with 3.5-millimeter tables and smartphones.
In addition, you can directly plug your headphones into the SharePlay Extended Audio Cable. If you do this, you can listen to songs or play videos. You can even share your listening experiences to your family and friends via this feature.
When it comes to style, these headphones are true markers of V-MODA’s fashionista roots. You will never mistake them for just another pair of headphones. Their distinctive industrial-style metal frame makes them one of the best-looking headphones on the market. You can get them in white or matte black. Their diamond-shaped ear cups also have custom metal plates that are easy to remove and replace when necessary. Even better, there is another input beneath the cups that allows you to plug in another pair of headphones. This is perfect for couples who want to share their music.
The key design & build characteristics of the V-MODA Crossfade LP are:
- Click fold design – a distinctive clip can be heard when the ear cups are folded inwards supplemented by the strong metal hinges on the ear cups.
- The design in low profile and considerate.
- A combination of metal and plastic make up the headphones – it has passed military grade testing for quality and durability. They even boasts that it is so resilient that it takes a tank running over it to destroy the headphones.
- 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers to deliver accurate reproduction and delivery of sound.
- Comes in two colors: grey/white and matte black
V-MODA features some additional accessories. The headphones include a detachable cord with an integrated microphone, making them ideal for phone calls as well. This microphone comes with a one-button in-line remote. Then again, you can buy another three-button remote if you are using an Apple product.
There is also SharePlay and BoomPro, as well as Three-Button Cables. These features can prove to be useful if you are in search of a professional-grade microphone for video conferences, voice calls, and even online gaming. If you are using an Apple product, you can use a boom-mic with an extended cable or a three-button microphone cable that is available in a wide range of colors.
The V-MODA XS On-Ear Folding Design Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone is stylish, easy to use, and their build is extremely robust and durable. In our view, it is better than the M80. It has a head-hugging design and a great overall sound quality. Its features also make it stand out from the rest of the crowd. Moreover, there are no batteries and processing. It also folds and stores easily in its included carrying case. Last but not least, the XS come with a 2 year warranty – which is double the industry average.<<Latest prices V-MODA XS>>
The only drawback of the V-MODA XS is that from a design perspective they’re a bit sturdy, nonetheless, this is also an advantage, as unlike the average headphones, they very durable and can literally last for many years.
Summary of key features
- Award-winning audio performance Frequency Response – 5 – 30,000Hz, Sensitivity – 105 dB @ 1kHz 1mW, Impedance – 28.5Ω
- Weight – 195 gram (headphone only)
- Ergonomic foldable design and ultra-portable size
- Unique collapsible CLIQFOLD design for compact storage
- Metal construction and military level testing ensures unrivaled durability
- Supreme comfort, natural noise isolation, bespoke fit and 3D sound with over 3 years of fitting R&D
- Ultra compact exoskeleton hard carry case and detachable cable with 1-button microphone
- Replaceable earpads
- Comfortable whilst wearing sunglasses
- Premier 2 year warranty – double the industry average
V-MODA offers a two-year warranty for their products. They actually offer better warranty than others. Although there is little chance for your headphones to get damaged, they still offer an Immortal Life Program that lets you take advantage of a 50% off replacement on your headphones. This discount is valid for a lifetime. These headphones are also reasonably priced. So, if you want something that is good in quality yet affordable, you should get these headphones.
They are sturdy and comfortable to wear. They leave a small space between your temples and the headband. They also weigh a mere 195 grams, so you can wear them for long periods of time without feeling any pain or discomfort. Furthermore, they are compact and great for mobile use. You can take them with you everywhere, without worrying that they will get damaged easily. You do not even need to buy a separate case since you get to have a free compact case when you purchase these headphones.