Behringer HPS3000 Studio Headphones Review
Studio headphones are a must as they help fine tune the minute details of the song and this is especially helpful for many reasons when you’re mixing and monitoring. This is the reason why the quest for a great pair of studio headphones is a never ending, not just for musicians but also for those who want to be able to fully appreciate a song the way it is intended to be heard. A great pair of studio headphones can be very expensive, you have to save tooth and nail in order to be able to afford a high quality pair of studio headphones that would correspond to your intended needs. With this regard, the Behringer HPS3000 Studio Headphones could be a nice fit. It is a pair of headphones that will enable you to get lost in the music and immerse yourself completely into the stage that the artist wants to present without shelling out an exorbitant amount. It is a deal worth considering.
Given the price tag attached to these headphones, the sound quality is not something that you would have high hopes for but these might surprise you a lot.
- Soundstage – precise and accurate. You will be able to appreciate the tiny minute details of your favorite songs better.
- Ultra wide dynamic frequency range.
- Sound output is realistic and clear.
- Bass response is phenomenal and surprisingly of good quality.
- Vocals and acoustics are crystal clear.
- Overall balance between sound frequencies is very good.
- Sound leakage: sound leaks at high volumes and no active noise cancellation.
- Truly exception sound reproduction.
Design and Build
Quality and durability was in no way compromised when they improved the acoustic sounds of the headphones. The design is well-thought out, lightweight, and comfortable despite their bulky size.
- Plush and well padded.
- The top of the headband has the Behringer log embossed on it.
- Rugged and comfortable – does not exert too much clamping pressure on the head and can be worn for hours without any discomfort.
- Adjustable – can be adjusted to desired length dependent on the size of the head.
- Ear cups
- Sufficiently padded to provide cushion for the ears against the drivers – helps decrease the possibility of ear fatigue when they are worn for long periods.
- Oval shaped to conform to the shape of the ears – better fit or seal in order to produce good sound quality.
- Contain high-efficiency cobalt capsules drivers that deliver powerful and accurate sound.
- Long, winding cables that have high resistance and durability.
- Engineered to last long and have oxygen free copper wiring to better conduct sound.
- Terminates to agold plated ¼ ” adapter for the 1⁄8″ connector for easy connection to a variety of sources or audio equipment.
- A 1/4-inch TRS adapter for the 1/8-inch TRS connector, making the phones compatible with everything from your MP3 player to your mixing console.
- One year warranty card that can be extended to 3 years.
- Affordable compared to the other studio headphones available in the market.
- Audio cable can be inserted in almost all kinds of devices such as smartphones, computer, iPods, mp3 players or even audio equipment such as amplifiers or equalizers or sound mixing consoles like the ones just by DJs.
- Can be worn comfortably for extended periods because of sufficient padding.
- Can be used for a variety of things such as monitoring bass levels when you are mixing sounds, professional & amateur recording, casual listening to music from various sources and an array of music genres, Can be used along with studio monitor speakers to give high quality sound.
- Headphones tend to vibrate at high volumes or powerful bass.
- Cables tend to get tangled or knotted – might take some time before they can be untangled.
- Headphones are a little bulky so it might be cumbersome to carry around – not portable.
The Behringer HPS30000 Studio Headphones is an excellent choice for being able to appreciate even the tiniest details of your favorite songs. They are great sounding headphones to help you immerse yourself into the substance of your favorite songs, not withstanding the fact that it is relatively cheaper compared to the popular studio headphones out in the market. With this headphones, you can redefine the way you listen to music without actually breaking the bank in order to do so.