Listening to your favorite tracks or audio book while working out or exercising has become extremely commonplace. You basically feel incomplete without it so for most people the definition of a complete workout gear always includes a decent pair of Bose headphones and a mobile or audio device to keep you company while you work out aside from the basic water, towel, or a change of clothes if needed. The most common issues that plague and drive athletic, sporty, on the go types crazy are either the ear buds keep falling out at one point or the other, or because working out entails sweating profusely, one or both earpieces will malfunction or break down. This is especially frustrating when you are just getting into your groove and the music suddenly stops, making for a boring or stale exercise routine. Bose, one of the foremost leading names in consumer electronic products has come up with a solution to these issues – the Bose Soundsport In-Ear Headphones. With an ordinary pair of headphones, water/sweat seeps into the drivers making it completely useless so Bose engineered a special product line to cater to athletic, on the go people who has to have headphones that would keep with their strenuous lifestyle – no matter how fast you run, jump, skip, or hop, or how heavy your workout is, the Bose Soundsport In-Ear Headphones is designed to stay in your ears and keep up with you. It is styled to deliver a well-balanced, quality sound that you have come to expect from Bose products.
As with all renowned Bose product lines, the Bose Soundsport In-Ear Headphones has the exclusive TriPort technology that we all know and love. It enhances the quality of sound, making it exceptional to deliver deep, clear, crisp, and refreshing highs and uninhibited sounding lows. It provides a well-balanced sound with average bass that augments the appreciation for different genres of music. It is a pair of headphones that will stand up to the rigors of everyday activities with its durable design and still deliver deep, rich, clear sound for the music or songs that we love to hear.
Build and Design:
The Bose Soundsport In-Ear Headphones has a very sleek and sporty look that comes with a superb and cool packaging. It is styled for people who do not like to have earbuds jammed inside their ears. It comes with two models – one designed exclusively for iOS or Apple devices and the other is for Android devices.
- Made of strong, flexible plastic – tested and manipulated to last long. It is designed to withstand regular, intense workouts so they can be worn comfortably for hours at a time.
- Comes in 5 different colors – more choices to choose from to find the color that you like or that best matches your chosen scheme.
- Cable/wire is two striped to match the color of your choice: Charcoal, Frost, Energy Green, Neon Blue or Power Red.
- Propriety StayHear tips which comes in three sizes: small/medium/large – they conform to the size of the ears so that they would stay comfortably in place all day long. They are soft, flexible, gel/silicon that are C-shaped designed to sit comfortably on the outer ear canal.
- What makes this pair of headphones unique is that the drivers are coated with a special hydrophobic or water resistant fabric that conducts sound well but also repels fluids as long as it is not submerged in water.
- A sports inspired, matching protective carrying case for storage – round, compact, with a pocket for carrying accessories such as keys or money and a carabineer clip that comes in handy. It can be safely clipped to clothes, belt loops, or gym bags.
- Clothing clip – earphones can be clipped on the clothes to keep the cable secured when doing strenuous activities.
- Can also work as a headset to answer calls. The calls come are of superb quality especially with the in line mic.
- In line mic/remote – provides seamless transition from calls to multimedia. It is also a means to control your tracks or playlist easily. Play/pause your playlist, skip tracks, go back a track, rewind, and volume control.
- Durable design – Sweat can cause problems with the wiring so one or both earpieces tend to malfunction. The headphones are sweat or water resistant and is designed to withstand any weather condition or hold up incredibly well with any season.
- The acoustic ports are positioned is such a way that moisture or fluid is kept out and also the hydrophobic material covering the drivers makes it extremely water resistant.
- Control the way you answer calls while out on a run – there is no need to take out the mobile device to answer calls because it also works as a headset.
- Become master of your playlist – convenient and ease of access to your powerful tracks on your playlist that make the headphones a great companion with regular routine.
- The StayHear tips make sure that the earbuds won’t fall off no matter how harsh or rigorous the training or exercise session is.
- Like all quality headphones can be a little on the pricey side.
- Wires are thin so they might snag or break easily. They are not lay flat tangle free kind of cords so they might tangle from time to time if pocketed or kept in the gym bag.
- There is no slider on the upper part of the cord so it cannot be adjusted to desired length.
- They sit comfortably on the outside ear canal not like normal earphones that go inside the ears – might not get the best seal to enhance or deliver the best quality of sound.
- Since music is designed to shoot outwards towards the ear canal there is no sound isolation so outside ambient noise will interfere and one cannot fully immerse self into appreciating the song or the music while outdoors.
- Some customers have reported a continuous static sound heard over the left earpiece. It is said to be a known issue with some items so it has to be returned or replaced at the store.
Price is a bit steep with this headphones but overall, it is a great product that will provide a well-balanced sound that keeps up with the active lifestyle. This sports headphone can match your stamina even for running or training circuits as well as using them for listening to music or just laying back and watching a movie.